Kennedy Space Center

Kennedy Space Center
Couldn't pass up a picture with an astronaut.

Petting the Rays at the Oceanographic Museum

Petting the Rays at the Oceanographic Museum
This was a great place. We got to see and touch so many sea creatures.

Family Time in Florida.

Family Time in Florida.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sickness Gone!

Augh! We have had a sickness run through our house, like almost everyone else around this part of Michigan. It started right after Christmas and just finished up a few weeks ago with Hannah. Hopefully that will be the end of it for this year. We will be going to Florida in another month for spring break, so hopefully we got it out of our systems.
Since everyone was feeling better we decided to go to Grand Rapids with my parents for an overnight stay at a hotel. This was a Christmas present from my parents and we had a great time. We went on a Sunday and the hotel was practically empty. We had the pool almost to ourselves. I was amazed at how Robby was in the pool. He could barely touch the bottom, but that didn't scare him from getting in with Drew and Hannah. He's going to be our fish. He went underwater several times on his own (he sure is the opposite of me when I was his age). My mom shared with me the time I took swim lessons and the teacher called me her turtle (I wouldn't put my head underwater). Drew, on the other hand is like me. He's my turtle. He is so much like me when it comes to water and food (picky about meat), it's scary.
We also went to the Public Museum on Monday. That was great fun. They have quite a museum. Lots to see and learn about the history of GR. We even rode a beautiful carousel (all except Hannah - she wasn't feeling well from drinking too much chlorine water).
So that's how our new year is going here. At least we have Florida (condo on the beach, Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Cape Canaveral, Tiger spring training game and lots of swimming in the ocean) to look forward to in March. Can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment